Sunday, December 1, 2013

Celtic Solstice part one-complete!

So I have watched people sew Bonnie Hunter mysteries the last two years. I have wanted to follow along and do one so this year I am!  All blog posts can be found under a tab at Bonnie's blog Quiltville.  


Bonnie picked colors using paint chips.  I got the colors and then shopped my stash.  I chose low volume text prints for the neutral background.

These fabrics will make a very modern scrap quilt.

Part one came out Friday.  I was busy getting my Black Friday goodies.  JCP went back to Mickey snow globes this year and I got my $.99 poinsettias at Home Depot.


I also went to World Market and got a lovely Downton Abbey tea cup in a pretty box, as well as a sturdy DA shopping bag.  

Later after napping I cut out all the pieces, 92 orange triangles, 96 neutral, and 188 pairs of blue side triangles using the Tri-recs rulers.

I sewed them chain piece style on Saturday.


At one point I ran out of bobbin thread but didn't realize it until I had sewn about 21 pieces.

I think the fabrics look wonderful together!

Even though they are all sewn I still have to clip them apart and iron.
Quiltville
If you haven't joined the QAL its not too late.  Bonnie will post a new clue every Friday until the quilt is finished.  The clues stay up on the blog until June.  I'm also having fun chatting with quilters form all over the world on the fb page set up by on of the participants.  Ill be linking up this post to Bonnie's Monday linkup party.

keep dreaming...Colleen
A Great Thanksgiving!



5 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Wow, you are a whiz! I got to all the cutting but pulled nothing but scraps from the bin, so A little slow going. I love your bold modern look.

TLC said...

Too funny! I posted about our "Black Friday" ritual and 99 cent poinsettias too. Enjoy the mystery journey!

Anonymous said...

21 units sewn without bobbin thread? Girl... you are so focused! I'd laugh, but I've been there myself. And it looks like you've made a great start to BH's 2013 mystery.

Vireya said...

Your fabrics look great!

Andee said...

This is the first one I have seen with modern fabrics...can't wait to see how it comes out!