Tuesday, October 15, 2013

A sweet surprise!

I recently participated in a quick yet sweet Flickr swap. The idea originated in a discussion on instagram where Why Not Sew Quilts decide to host a strawberry pincushion swap. It was funny how a comment on someone's post grew so fast. That's what I love about the social media sewing world!

 

I received this box Friday. However i was sick with first a kidney stone and then an infection. So it lay forgotten until today. But look what sweetness I found inside!

Two strawberries! Don't you love the tiny one? An adorable crocheted owl, a sweet cross, and drawings all handmade by Vicki too! I really love my little package! It has been a very sweet little surprise!

Here is the package I sent my partner.


I wrapped a cute little sewing kit ed with goodies in the Kate spain FQ. I love packaging! The long zipper ribbon was not my original idea, I received a swap package like this once.

I m still very bereft over the loss of my baby Kalli-cat. I constantly look for her or expect her response to situations. I still have hope someone will find her.

keep dreaming...Colleen



 

4 comments:

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Love you swap goodies! Glad you are feeling better. So sorry kitty hasn't shown up yet.

Carrie P. said...

OH, I hope you find your kitty soon.
sweet gifts.

Anonymous said...

I really like the plaid strawberry you received! Adds some extra style. I hope you find your cat very soon.

Anonymous said...

I really like the plaid strawberry you received! Adds some extra style. I hope you find your cat very soon.