Saturday, August 7, 2010

Fabric stash dilemma

So I unloaded bins and the shelf in my closet and put my entire stash on my new cutting table. 
But then I was left with the dilemma of how to fold and better store all of this fabric.  So I did a little research and found Polar Notions mini bolt boards.
This seemed the perfect solution but on my budget it was not an option.  Then someone online suggested using comic boards.  So I went to my local comic book store and picked up a pack of 100 for around $7.  They come in slightly different sizes and are archival quality with either one or both sides coated.
First I like to fold fabric in half twice based on the longer width.  If the fabric more then 2 yards you may need to fold additional times to get it into a manageable length.
I then fold over about 3 inches of fabric and slide the board into the fold of the fabric.
Then fold the board over and over until you have all of the fabric wrapped securely.
Polar Notions sells a clip to hold the fabric in place.  I didn't use anything.  I really like how well in holds the fabric and how neat it makes the shelves. 

 
Now all I have to do is finish the rest of my stash...sigh*

Keep Dreaming...:o) Colleen

0 comments: