Saturday, March 26, 2011

Swap blocks

I just wanted to share two blocks I'm sent out to my March swap partners for Block Swap Adventure.  Yes thats plural I was asked to take a second partner as we had a new member.
Theresa asked for a star block in spring/summer fabrics using modern fabrics.  She especially liked large florals.

She also said dots so I gave her everything she asked for.
*****
Brenda is new to swapping and said she was up for almost anything but batiks and flurescents.  Though she added she would like farm related blocks so I made her a Sawtooth star too.

She seemed receptive to modern fabrics so I think she will like it.
*****
I finished the top for my DSQ10 quilt. 

 I m thinking of using the  deep purple as a narrow border between the rainbow fabric.

I will finish it up and baste it tomorrow.  I plan on hand quilting it next week during spring break using pearl cottons.

Keep dreaming...Colleen


Ahhhh, my happy place.


5 comments:

Barb said...

Love the blocks!

Patty@inStitches said...

LOVE the view! Who wouldn't be happy with that shoreline in the distance..

Wendy said...

I saw your sneak peeks on the BSA blog and had to come over to see the completed blocks. They're great! So colorful and I love the dots in the first one.

P.S. What a great happy place! I posted a happy place pic last night too. Dreaming of the next time I can visit it!

sunny said...

Lovely blocks. So you're a kayaker? Me too! Where's your favorite place to kayak?

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

Beautiful blocks! Your quilt is wonderful!!