Friday, September 24, 2010

colorful cats galore

So I was reading Beginner's Guide to Art Quilts and took idea of the first project and challenged myself to run with it. 

 
I found 4 inch brightly dyed charm squares in my stash. 

 I picked out 12 different colors creating the 4 by 4 grid. 

Then I found the 3 inch high stack of 2 inch cat squares I bought years ago on ebay. 

BTW in case you did not know ebay is a great pace to buy precut squares. 



I matched up squares by colors and fused the cats to the dyed fabric. 

Then I assembled the cat quilt and practiced some more machine quilting. 

 I think it turned out so cute!





 I need to turn off my brain this weekend so I can finish my quilt along top and baste it at the snack and craft at the church on Tuesday.


keep dreaming...Colleen...aka 'butterflygirl'


0 comments: