Saturday, October 8, 2011

Foto Finish-old

Schloss Blutenburg is a castle outside Munich, Germany.  I spent a month living in Munich the summer of 2009 for a Library Science study abroad.  Every weekday we would ride 2 buses and walk to get here .  It was the 14th century hunting lodge of the Duke of Bavaria.  The oldest part is an 8th century chapel.  It was the coolest place ever to work !  From the coble stone court yard, to the 3 foot thick walls, and the arrow sight windows.  It is representative of the really old buildings all over Europe.  Believe it or not after a month of touring around and working in this place I got very tired of 'old buildings' .  I think the weight of the history of civilization was over whelming.

To see more or participate in Foto Finish-old visit Cat Patches blog.

Keep dreaming...Colleen
At the NC School Library Media Conference yesterday we got to experience Melville Dewey.
 He created this rap and video as a class project in library school. 
He now has a cd and does shows all over.  He is awesome!

7 comments:

Barbara said...

Oh what fun! I just love Europe. I could spend months exploring, but I always get homesick in a couple of weeks. Great image.

Sara said...

Go Dewey!!!!!!! He sounds like Elmo as the girl--lol!

Such a picturesque view you had!!

Kate said...

Very cool photo. I like the reflection of the castle in the water.

Jessica said...

This is beautiful! I was in Berlin and Weimar this May, and I fell in love with Germany. I could stay there forever. Your picture brings back fond memories of the German countryside :)

Pat said...

The castle looks magical! Nice shot!

Dana Gaffney said...

Wow, how great that must have been to actually work in that beautiful building. Nice.

quiltzyx said...

What a great shot - I love the reflection in the water. Living & growing up in So. Calif., I haven't been around many really old buildings & find them fascinating. Thanks for sharing with us!