Saturday, October 8, 2011

Foto Finish-old

Schloss Blutenburg is a castle outside Munich, Germany.  I spent a month living in Munich the summer of 2009 for a Library Science study abroad.  Every weekday we would ride 2 buses and walk to get here .  It was the 14th century hunting lodge of the Duke of Bavaria.  The oldest part is an 8th century chapel.  It was the coolest place ever to work !  From the coble stone court yard, to the 3 foot thick walls, and the arrow sight windows.  It is representative of the really old buildings all over Europe.  Believe it or not after a month of touring around and working in this place I got very tired of 'old buildings' .  I think the weight of the history of civilization was over whelming.

To see more or participate in Foto Finish-old visit Cat Patches blog.

Keep dreaming...Colleen
At the NC School Library Media Conference yesterday we got to experience Melville Dewey.
 He created this rap and video as a class project in library school. 
He now has a cd and does shows all over.  He is awesome!

7 comments:

Barbara said...

Oh what fun! I just love Europe. I could spend months exploring, but I always get homesick in a couple of weeks. Great image.

Sara said...

Go Dewey!!!!!!! He sounds like Elmo as the girl--lol!

Such a picturesque view you had!!

Kate said...

Very cool photo. I like the reflection of the castle in the water.

Jessica said...

This is beautiful! I was in Berlin and Weimar this May, and I fell in love with Germany. I could stay there forever. Your picture brings back fond memories of the German countryside :)

501 Quilt Blocks said...

The castle looks magical! Nice shot!

Dana Gaffney said...

Wow, how great that must have been to actually work in that beautiful building. Nice.

quiltzyx said...

What a great shot - I love the reflection in the water. Living & growing up in So. Calif., I haven't been around many really old buildings & find them fascinating. Thanks for sharing with us!