Monday, October 24, 2011

Pretty Little Pouch Swap

I am participating in the flickr Pretty Little Pouch Swap.  I have been thinking and planning for the pouch I would make for my secret partner for the last couple of weeks.  I decided to use some DS Quilts fabric and some linen.  I love the linen as it is just the right light oatmeal color.  I found it in the remnants at Joann's and it is has a nice texture.  Why can't I ever find yardage like this? 

So here is the front of the pouch.  I played with some blue DS Quilts scraps and came up with this pattern using Noodleheads tutorial as a guide, though I did not follow her pattern.  I used my pearl cottons to stitch the detail of the lines and the bird, with a tiny bead for the eye. 

On the back I added another bird detail.

This bird fabric by Valorie Wells inspired the bird on the front.  I machine appliqued the hexagon and then machine quilted around it. 

I used two blue Ds Quilts fabric for the inside as well.  And fused my Lucky Duck Dreams label inside.  I also put some goodies inside and will try to send it tomorrow.  Ive been sick since Friday and was up all night coughing.  Despite resting yesterday I was off work today sleeping mostly and luckily not coughing so much. 

Keep dreaming...Colleen

I really love this pouch and it was easier then I thought.
 I might have to make some for Christmas.  Anyone interested?

4 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Cute little zip bag. I like how you added the bird elements.

Barb said...

That is soooo adorable!

Jen said...

Super cute! I love the birds. Your swap partner is very lucky!

Carrie P. said...

Very cute. Love birds.
Hope you are feeling much better today.