Sunday, February 24, 2013

Project Quilting Challenge #4


"#nonquiltcon"
16" x 16"
Lewisville, NC
I've had a busy week with Melody Miller coming in to visit our guild and then teaching a workshop(blog latter).
So the challenge sticks in the back of my mind. Kim always seems to persuade me to do it.    So I was thinking of again using some of my scraps to make a pillow case.  I have two snowman pillows I would like to use year round with switchable covers.  I picked the large scale florals going for the greens and blues especially.  Then I thought about the star and drew out my favorite paper pieced star and found a scrap of red and some gray in the scrap bin. 


 I added the florals.  
I put some of the florals on the back

The whole week since Wednesday Ive been following Quiltcon on instagram, and blogs.  I so wanted to go.  I kept seeing lots of stars for the Lonestar state of Texas.  I I decided to quilt the state of Texas around the star and call it '#nonquiltcon' which is the hashtag for those not at Quiltcon.  
***********
Of course my quilt was there even If I wasnt.  

This was taken by Sarah and 

this was taken by Kathleen Baden whose Rainbow Rocks won 2nd place!

************
Ive been working on my goals for February and the year.  The last three days-we had a Sew/Snow day Friday-Ive made 
  • a top for a social services lap quilt
  • backing for my wonky log cabin(top made 2010)
  • backing for the Star Trek quilt (blocks from 1993)
  • cat bed for Kalli-cat so she can sleep on my cutting table while I sew
  • 3 blocks to catch up in Grnadmother's Choice BOW
I only have to finish cutting out the parts for my swoon quilt to finish my goals for February.

keep dreaming...Colleen
One of 3 blocks I sent that was put into a charity quilt.  

This one I kept seeing over the heads of all the awesome speakers like David Butler!

1 comments:

Barb said...

I am sure it is fun seeing your block up there...

I love love your pillow.