Saturday, June 18, 2011

Friday Night Sew-in

Ok so instead of sewing I worked on my sister and my Father's Day present.  Dad if you reading this stop!  (it's ok he never does) 

I saw this activity posted on one of the blogs 365 Things We Love about You.  It got my brain going.  I mean how many tools does Dad need?  And shouldn't Father's Day be about love and telling him why he's such a great dad.  So I texted my sister and she agreed to do it with me.  We would each do 180+ 2x2 cards telling Dad things we love about him.  I told Kelly to think about everything we have done over the years.  I sent her a template.  Needless to say neither of us got that many done.  But I think we each did about 80.  I'm printing them on pink cardstock for Kelly and   green card stock for me.  I had the idea of making some sort of box for them to stand and display.  And then I dreamed of this

I used a wooden picture frame and the bottom of a wooden pencil box like you would find at Joann's.  I did a light wash of aqua acrylic paint on everything.  I used E6000 glue and attached ocean smoothed stones from one of our beach trips.  I put more stones in the box to help hold the cards.  I chose one of my favorite pictures ever of Dad(in a shirt that says Dad) at the wheel of my favorite boat with Sis and I looking over his shoulders as we are fishing in Canada.  Dad can read a new card each day.  I know we don't have 365 but he wont know.  Hes getting old and his memory isn't so good (not, LOL)

I also dreamed of a solution to what Bee block I want my group to make for my  month August.  I'm going to use my DS Quilts fabric.  But that is another story.

Keep dreaming...Colleen
Traditional Field day craziness as the fire truck sprays the students.

1 comments:

Miss Hillbilly said...

LOL, he'll forget a day here and there and it will all work out in the end! That was a great father's day idea!