Wednesday, June 15, 2011

trouble and a trip

If you are still having trouble commenting on some blogs like I am try this.  Uncheck remember me when you log into blogger.com .  It worked for me. 

Tons of batiks at Thimble Pleasures.
Ok so I am going on a two part trip and am looking for suggestions of quilty things to see in the areas.  First I a going to Boone, NC for 3 nights to the NCRA leadership conference.  We have some free time.  I know I should go to the Boone version of our Sew Original.  But I wonder if there are any exhibits or other quilty places I might see. 
Lots of grreat straping too.

When the conference is over I am driving down to Gatlinburg, TN for three nights.  What quilty places are there to see in the area?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  I do plan on hiking in TN. 


Muddy creek.

I  am also excited to take my featherweight and work on the TMQG Kaufman Solid challenge.  We are to take a Dusty solids charm pack and add one other fabric of our choice to the top.  We are to share our finished quilts at the next guild meeting.  I have a basic plan for mine I have been waiting for time to make.  I plan to sew in the evenings and make part of this vacation a little bit of a quilt retreat.  As I told my mom I can work without the distractions of stuff at home.

Keep dreaming...Colleen

Lucky the Plott Hound meets Jellybean the sheep.
 Both have their own children's books.



0 comments: