Thursday, August 25, 2011

projects

Im having a love affair with my new Baby Lock Sofia and its embroidery function.  I need to take the new owners class so I can expand on my meager knowledge.  I blogged here about two mug rugs I made with it.

The last two days I worked on this set.  Two placemats with napkins, a set of 4 coasters, and a dish towel all monogramed.  I made them for my Mom and Dad's 43rd anniversary to use in their rolling vacation home fifth wheel.  I used 5 prints from a line of fabric I found at Joann's.  They fabrics are all aquas, light greens, browns, and whites and  has a bit of an Amish feel.  Notice the clever applique on the towel done in a lacey frame.  Ok so I bent a needle when tryng to embroider Dad's name and put a hole in the towel.  Aren't most beautiful things the products of happy accidents?  Necessity is the mother of invention or innovation.

Keep dreaming...Colleen


A slightly blurry picture of a baby quilt I am working on.
One of two Im making where the center block was made by my late Grandma. 
I am using up some of my 90s stash for these quilts




2 comments:

Sara said...

New Baby Lock ahh..I would really be breakin' her in too!

Great placemats, napkins,towel and coasters--lucky parents!

Michelle said...

That baby quilt is going to be adorable!