Sunday, September 25, 2011

September Bee block

I finished my block for the Block Swap Adventure Bee.  Samantha said she was up for any block in soft pinks, blues and ivory.  There was a little bit of pressure on as I was her first swap partner and in a sense would be setting the tone for the following blocks.  I looked at my more traditional fabrics as I notcied when I stalked her block she was more tradional with her fabrics.  Then I thought wait...she had not dislikes...and part of this swap is about expressing ourselves. 
 So I picked a Kaffe Fasset, Moda Sugar Pop, a couple others from my stash with an ivory.  Then I pulled out my iphone so I could use this great app

Quick and Easy Quilt block tool is $3.99 and one of the most used apps on my phone!  it has over 100 blocks listed in its index
But what I really like is it shows you how to make the blocks in different sizes, giving quick cutting directions for the segments of the blocks.  I love this for when Im designing I can look up picecs that fit my design and see the measurements to quick cut them.

I highly reccomend this tool.  I choose to do the Dutchman's puzzle for Samantha. 

I love flying geese and there isnt any waste with this cutting method.

I hope she likes it!

keep dreaming...Colleen

This is what I thinking for my DS Quilts mini quilt swap.  Red dots inner border, ash outer, green square and blue flower and scrappy back.

1 comments:

Beezus said...

Thanks for sharing your experiences with this app -- I just went and downloaded it. I'd looked at a couple of others, but was unimpressed. I think this one is just the ticket.

And I LOVE the flying geese block, btw! :)