Saturday, January 21, 2012

FNSI or FNPI

I didn't do so much sew in as prep in.  My sewing studio needed to be cleaned up a bit so I could work on my projects.  I needed to put away the rest of the Christmas fabric.  I needed to finish sorting(rereresorting) fabric for my Swoon quilt.  Inspired by GingerMonkey's Swoonalong.  Im using a Kaffe floral paired with a Denyse Schimdt Hope Valley.  

 And I started to plan the fabric to block pair ups for the wonky borders on my star trek quilt.  Dad an I had laid it out so I need to figure out the border colors.  I've blogged about this before.  The blocks are form a 1995 block swap.  

I also worked mentally and on paper about the quilting and embellishment I want to do for my  red and white quilt I finished the top and back for last weekend.

.Oh and I started work on a new blog banner for 2012.  I want to update it with my favorite projects from 2011.  I will unveil it later.

Sew So my Friday Night Sew In was more a Friday Night Prep In.  I hope to do some of the actually sewing today.

Keep dreaming...Colleen
Kalli-cat cuddling with me as we wait for #talknt .
  A  Tuesday night tweet party for quilters.

3 comments:

tink's mom said...

Here from FNSI. I'm impressed with your clean up and prep work. I wish I had the discipline to clean up the quilt space as opposed to shifting the piles and boxes to new locations and tetering piles. :)

CathyC said...

Ooh, love that Star Trek quilt - I am a Trekkie from way back ;-)
Like you, I spent some of my FNSI sorting fabrics - it is almost as enjoyable as sewing ;-)

Paige said...

I'm using Hope Valley for my Swoon too! Can't wait to see how yours comes together!