Friday, May 17, 2013

Bloggers Quilt Festival-2013 spring edition!

Its that time again! 



 I have decided to share a doll quilt I made for the DQS 13!  
This was a VERY hard quilt to send away.  
Only the idea that I could make it again for myself allowed me to do so.



"Deadly Dresden"

22"x22"

Shmidt fabrics used in the Dresden, binding, and backing.
Essex linen used for background.

Entered in the doll/mini quilt  category

I used machine quilting,



and hand quilting.



For the hand quilting I used my favorite pearl pearl Cottons! 




matching the color to each Dresden section .



I have another piece of that center tattoo fabric except it says Quilt or Die.  

The two tattoo pieces I received in a box of scraps.  They inspired me to create this quilt.  I struggled over whether to try to make the center a traditional round.  I really did not have enough fabric.  I like the squared center.

When I make another one for me, I might try to use 20 different Denyse Schmidt fabrics.  Have I mentioned I'm a DS Quilts addict?  


Visit the other quilts in the Bloggers Quilt festival

keep dreaming...Colleen
DS charm square swap package received, 112 different pringts   x 2!


6 comments:

Leanne said...

What a fun little quilt. I love the stitching and the centre piece.

Heather B said...

LOVE it! Do you happen to know who makes the center fabric?

JanuaryT said...

I love this mini!! The quilting is wonderful ;)

Anonymous said...

Wonderful all over--the centre, the fabrics, and the quilting!

CitricSugar said...

Love it - it's so wholesome and subversive at the same time!

DeborahGun said...

such a fun mini quilt - I really like it :-)