Saturday, January 29, 2011

Vendors galore!

Today I did something I love which I haven't for a long time. 
I went for a drive through the back roads (westen NC) and took pictures of random houses and landscapes.  This is a beautiful old plantation house in the middle of nowhere. 
That is what I did AFTER I went here-

Jan 28-29, 2011
"The Quilting and Needle Art Extravaganza"

Statesville, NC

Location: Statesville Civic Center, 300 South Center St, Statesville, NC 28677

Hours: Fri-Sat 9am-5 pm

Admission: $5.

Comments: Over 40 of the BEST vendors from Western NC in one location. Shop for fabrics, books, machines, rubber stamps, beads, yarns, buttons and more. Quilts and quilt tops for sale. Raffle Quilts on display. Door prizes and demonstrations.


Needless to say I found a number of goodies to help with some of my current projects.  I will post over the next week the goodies I bought/won as well as the contact info and pics for the venders I patronized.  I will start with a vender I did not purchase from but who had a WONDERFUL selection of vintage buttons of shapes and sizes and colors!
I loved the quilt hanging as her backdrop/  And notice the suitcases and treasure boxes she had her buttons displayed in.  Everything was organized by size and/or color.
Here is her contact info
Paula Woods
Clyde, NC

Well I have some sewing to do this weekend.  Two civil war blocks, some work on my DQS10 quilt.  Here is the ongoing plan of the moment.  I have already decided not to use the words as they are.







You can click on the picture to see more info and comments on flicker.

keep dreaming...Colleen


Restored farmhouse at the Westbend Winery Vineyard, NC.


2 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

I use to drive around back roads just to photo old barns and use them in stitcheries. OH, bits and pieces of your quilty trip - how cool. NC has a lot of great vendors as well as great quilters.

Joanna said...

It looks as if it was a beautiful day, and it sounds like a nice thing to do on a Saturday.