Monday, May 9, 2011

Spring Break in the Woods

I going to spend the next three posts catching up.  I'm basically spending the weekend in bed because of a lovely teacher appreciation gift given to me last week-an ear infection!  I don't think I have ever had one before.  I spent Saturday morning at the Emergency clinic getting antibiotics. Yeah.
***** 
So I spent spring break March 29-April 1st with my parents in their old camper at Stone Mountain State Park in NC.

I say old camper because they have recently bought a fifth wheel that they have already take a trip to Florida in.  Pretty.

We hiked many stairs to see the Falls at the park the first day we were there.  Here are the pics of that day.  The park is next to a game preserve so we saw deer who were not afraid everywhere.  *Warning lots of pics.  Enjoy!


  
The next two days it rained so we drove and antiqued through the small towns.  It was fun to see many Barn Quilts of Ashe County and others along the way. (oh course I have no pictures of this).

The day we left the rained stopped enough so I could take more pictures in the woods around our campsite. 
I love taking nature pictures.  I am always looking for light and shadow, texture and color, size and shape.  I get a little obsessive.  I would love to take some of these pictures and turn them in to quilts or blocks.  I could see a quilt made up of these different pics.  Can you?

keep dreaming...Colleen

Sneak peak of Thimble Pleasures in Chapel, Hill coming soon - Wow!


2 comments:

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

Looks like a wonderful trip. Thanks for sharing the beautiful photos!

Sara said...

Now to see how far Stone Mountain is from where I live:) Glad you had the chance to spend time with the parents!