Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Thimble Pleasures

A long time ago (in the 1990's) I lived in Carboro, NC.  I would walk on Saturday mornings, market basket on my arm to the Farmers Market in downtown.  Then I would stop on my way home at Thimble Pleasures, an awesome shop owned by Julie. I took my first quilt class there and even sold some of my quilted pins.  Then I moved away. :o(
******
 Fast forward to May 1, 2011 when I am going to attend my first meeting of the Triangle Modern Quilt Guild(TMQG).  Usually TMQG meets at Thimble Pleasures, now located down the road in Chapel Hill, NC.  So I decided to stop and see it before going to the meeting,  I was only there 20 minutes but this is what I saw...


All lines of beautiful fabric and more notions then I have seen anywhere!
I really only had time to take pictures because when I came in I noticed this lovely lady...

Karen who I realized after going back and forth for a few minutes that I knew!  I used to work with her daughters in the local school system.  Small world!

Keep dreaming...Colleen

Next time field trip with the TMQG!


5 comments:

Sue Niven said...

Lovely story, lovely store!

nono said...

I could spend hours in a quilt shop!!

Sara said...

I will definitely have to stop there one of these days! Thanks for the preview.

Vroomans' Quilts said...

WOW, only 20 minutes - I would be lost for the day.

Joanna said...

What a huge fabric shop. Looks like a fun place to visit.