Monday, December 27, 2010

Christmas Presents revealed part 2

 I really had a lot of fun sewing presents this year. 

You saw in my previous post that my sister was so good this year she got not one but TWO quilts.  Well I couldn't seem to stop there.  I must love my little sis because I also made her this lovely one hour bag I found on Ric rac.

I broke out the Kaffe Fassett for this bag.  It is so my sister! 
I also made a matching key fob!
Two felted flower pins and a small wallet-my own pattern.  I did my first magnetic clasp and covered buttons on the bag and snap in the wallet.
Mom was also very blessed with a candlemat,
This is my own design using 18 - 5" charm squares, a fat quarter, and some 2"strips of a solid.  I will do a tutorial another day as I need to make one for a gift exchange with the family January 8th.

and a new coupon wallet-she desperately needed as her old one was in pieces. 
I found the coupon holder pattern in the Moda Bakeshop

Kelly wants one for her birthday-both hers and mom's are in January.

I also made my Grandpa Jack and my Dad each a pillow case but I forgot to take a picture!  Oh well maybe next time.

Keep Dreaming...Colleen

My sister and me Christmas Eve.

M

1 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Thank you for sharing your Christmas photos. Can I be your sister? Wow, some lovely pieces made and to suit the receiver, too. I didn't even think about a coupon saver - how clever. I haven't tried the magnetic snaps yet - funny how "new" things distress us. Lovely work whick looks like it was well loved.