Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Little Elves and Christmas memories

 

Christmas will be here in three days and I have been a very busy elf this week. 

IMG_7140

Unfortunately I can not show any of the really cute things I have made until after Christmas.  I can however show and tell of some memories on my tree.  IMG_7120

These bells were made by me in kindergarten.

 

You will never believe what they are made from.  The tops of plastic syringe containers!  My mom –a nurse - was the original recycler.  She collected these to make the ornaments with my class.  Wrapped in tin foil, decorated with glitter, a jingle bell inside, and tied together with ribbon.  Obviously creativity runs in the family.

Do you see this adorable window? 

IMG_7093

There are three on my tree.  I added the ribbon hanger, lights and wreath.  They were actually my major gift last year for Christmas.  Yes my dad made and wrapped up three tiny windows, oh yes there was also a mystery poem-that dad!  He was actually giving me the windows I needed for my town home but could never seem to be able to afford (lost bonuses, illness, car etc…) Again…creativity…family…oh you should have seen what he made my sister…my mother….

BTW notice the bubble light?  Those are my favorites from when I was a small child.

Now I have been collaborating with some other elves. 

IMG_7102 IMG_7103

These three sweeties (of a church friend) spent the morning with me and we beaded and they each made a present for their mother and the girls made necklaces for themselves.

IMG_7105

Well back to the sewing machine!

IMG_6489 Keep Dreaming…Colleen

 

4 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

I love all the "saved" memories I am seeing on bloggers' trees. How nice of you to share your time and creative side with some young crafters. And that they wanted to make something handmade as a gift is just wonderful.

Christine M said...

Thanks for sharing your special decorations with us. Have a Merry Christmas.

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

What a wonderful memories you shared with us!

Merry Christmas to you and your family!!

Miss Hillbilly said...

I love the unique ornaments! So many fun memories!

You are not going to believe the one I got in the mail the other day. She only exchanged two so you didn't get one. It is highly unusual!! I will blog about it on Christmas Eve as it has a story that goes along with it.

Merry Christmas!