Sunday, December 26, 2010

I had myself a merry little Christmas…

 IMG_7261

It was an absolutely terrific WHITE Christmas!  It started snowing about 10:30 and didn’t stop until this morning.

IMG_7413

Everything was covered in about 5-6 inches of snow-trees, wires, roads, bushes.  The snowflake lights on top of my dad’s roof were really cool buried in the snow!

IMG_7555

My dad is that guy, you know the Christmas Vacation guy who has all of the lights.

IMG_7307

IMG_7310 

IMG_7316

So now I can share all of the projects that were gifts!  Yeah!  I will start with the one I finished and gifted this afternoon to my neighbor.  She is a sweet person who had two wonderfully yappy Chihuahua dogs Hershey and Jack.  Unfortunately Jack passed away this past month. 

I had found the perfect fabric-Orange dogs from Heather Ross’ Lightening bugs and other mysteries line- the two dogs look exactly like hers.  I added a halo and wings to Jack.  I turned the scrap into a pillow for her.

I put these two cute paw and dog word prints on the back.

IMG_7535

My sister the big K must have been super good this year because somehow she got TWO quilts for Christmas! 

IMG_7375

The first is the September Fat quarterly quilt along quilt.  I had it long arm quilted by Sherri Collette in an all over pattern called popcorn.  I choose it because mom and dad and I used to spell it –p-o-p-c-o-r-n-out so the big K would not know we were having it when she went to bed.

IMG_7331

The second was an HK (Hello Kitty) Christmas quilt just because I found the cute fabric. See the black HK cotton on the front and the pink HK flannel on the back!

I will blog more about Christmas and the neat gifts I sewed tomorrow!

Keep Dreaming!…Colleen

IMG_7424

1 comments:

Miss Hillbilly said...

How cool that snowflake roof must look!

Looks as though you had a nice Christmas. :)