Thursday, December 9, 2010

I have a little mug rug...

And now a little holiday song for all you mug rug enthusiasts. 
Mug rug pictures are from the My Morning Cup! flicker group.

Mug Rug, Mug Rug, Mug Rug
(to the tune of Dreidl Dreidl Dreidl)
I have a little mug rug,
I made from fabric scraps.
Embellished with a pocket,
buttons,applique, rick rack!
Oh mug rug, mug rug, mug rug!
I made from fabric scraps.
Embellished with a pocket,
buttons,applique, rick rack!

My colorful little mug rug,
has space for gingersnaps
And when its quiet and pieceful,
Hot chocolate I will lap!
Oh mug rug, mug rug, mug rug!
I made from fabric scraps.
Embellished with a pocket,
buttons,applique, rick rack!

I have a pile of mug rugs,
one for every time of year.
Yes, I may be addicted
but so are my quilting peers!
Oh mug rug, mug rug, mug rug!
I made from fabric scraps
embellished with a pocket,
buttons,applique, rick rack!

So I was standing in the shower this morning when the first verse  and chorus for this song came to me.  I was singing away loudly.  My cat probably thought I was losing it.  What does this say about me?

Please feel free to share with other quilty bloggy friends for personal use only.
written by Colleen C. Yarnell all rights reserved 2010





Keep dreaming…Colleen









4 comments:

sunny said...

Love all your pretty mug rugs, and the song! I've just started making mug rugs, and have quite a few ideas, so maybe one for each month is the way to go! Thanks.

Canadian Kristin said...

LOL Now can you get Adam Sandler singing that and quilting?!?! Hilarious!

Micki said...

That is definitely me for sure, and even singing it to the Dreidel Song...How neat is that. Love, love, love it.
Micki

Nancy Sue said...

heheh..too funny! You could make the mug rug like the recorded greeting cards. Your voice sings your mug rug song every time you place your coffee cup down on the mug rug!...hehehehe...Mine should say (shout)..."really?? ANOTHER cookie!"
Again, great lyrics!