Friday, June 17, 2011

Schools out for summer!

Schools out for summer! 
Yeah! 

 I finished up in the library yesterday and I don't HAVE to go back until August.  I was going to go back to work on a book order but with he way they keep cutting our benefits package and pay I'm not sure it is worth my time to do so.

Anyway I'm going to try an stay on a loose schedule this summer.  I have been using the 15 minute rule.  Do you know about it?  Its been talked about in blogs.  Some are using it to sew and some like me are using it to get their lives/house in order.  Basically you can do anything for 15 minutes and you will find you get a lot more done than you think.  Set a timer and then work on something you need motivation to do.  The alarm goes off after 15 minutes.  It really helps me and I am amazed at how much I get done.

Tonight is the Friday Night Sewin.
I think I'm going to join in.  I need to sew three quilt blocks.  My May and June blocks for Block Swap Adventure and my June Let's Bee Together.  I'm not signed up (yet) for any other swaps currently.  If you want to join in visit Crafty Vegas Mom and sign up for the fun.

Keep dreaming...Colleen
Did you notice I put the lucky duck into the favicon of my blog.

4 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

I need to apply that 15 minutes to exercise - walking, floor bike, stairs, etc... - even if broken into three 5 min. sessions thru the day!

Miss Hillbilly said...

I like to do similar. I do a chore, then set the alarm for an hour...then it's time to do another chore again. In between I am busy with the boys.

Paige said...

I need to try that 15 minute rule! I've been hearing rumblings about an extra 5 studets days (185 total) being added to the calendar. Is there any talk of that in the system? I'm in W-S but not a part of the school system.

Weaveron Textile said...

this blog is great.