Sunday, June 12, 2011

TMQG Pillow Swap

I am excited to be going to my second meeting of the Triangle Modern Quilt Guild today in Chapel Hill.  The first meeting I attended, I blogged about here, was a tour of SpoonFlower. 

Today's regular meeting will be at Thimble Pleasures quilt shop.  I love how they usually have swaps and challenges associated with each months meetings!  Today is a pillow swap and scrap swap.

I signed up for the pillow swap through the guild website discussion group.  John (aka Quilt Dad ) sent us secret partners.  Mine was Patricia of Piece Peace who said she like bright colors and modern prints in anything I wanted to make.  A last week's Bee I created the top. And here on my studio comfy chair is the finished product.

I quilted the top with cotton batting and a muslin backing.  Then I sewed wool felt flowers on.  I created these with my sizzix that I blogged about here and here.

The backing I used to swraps of Valorie Wells and Ami Butler flannels.
I really love the challenge of swaps. I cant wait to see what my partner created for me!

Keep dreaming...Colleen

Summer tote bag for my secret pal made from this tutorial.
I used regular cottons and added interfacing and lining .


1 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

I just love this pillow - how very chic. The added flowers are perfect. I'm not a pillow person, but I find this charming. Great bag too. ** Did you receive my package **