Sunday, December 30, 2012

iPad bag

So mom surprised me this Christmas with an ipad3.



I wasn't expecting it! It was such a surprise. Even if I did ask Santa for it.



Mom gave me the lovely green cover for it. But I decided I really needed a bad to carry it in too. December 26th I was working on a project for mom when she asked me if I had made an iPad bag yet. Well I took that as a challenge. And despite the fact we were leaving for PA the next morning, decided to make one. I pulled out fabrics first - Melody Miller ! I've been hoarding the typewriters in aqua and pink and some other prints. Then I searched through my pins on Pinterest. And finally found this Messenger bag with iPad pocket .



Front with flap down




Front with flap up



Back with attached pocket. As you can see I had a cutting error wi the directionality of the fabric. If I had just switched the crack of the bag...oh we'll love it as is. The strap is also a linen. I added a double pocket inside. I still want to make a cord bag to slip inside. The strap is also about 1.5" too long. I may just take it in a little at the side. I adjusted the pattern a lot and used magnetic snaps on both flaps. Warning , the pattern is difficult to follow if you are not experienced.


Keep dreaming...Colleen



Moms and her sister Emily laughing last night.

3 comments:

WoolenSails said...

That came out wonderfully, love the messenger bag idea. I use mine at home for now, so i just got a case for it, but need to try a bag too.

Debbie

Nancy@owensolivia said...

turned out great! i thought you had done that intentionally. :)

Carrie P. said...

the typewriter fabric is perfect for you bag.