I thought I would share a new favorite very yummy holiday treat! I made these last weekend for a bake sale and I don't have many pictures. BTW these are so easy even your husband could make them.
Strawberry Lemonade sandwich cookies
1 strawberry cake mix (I used the the Supreme version)
1 stick of butter, melted
1 can lemon icing (again I used the Supreme version)
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Dump the cake mix in the bowl.
- Crack in two eggs.
- Add the melted butter(make sure its not too hot or you will cook the eggs!)
- Mix into a soft firm dough
- Drop even sized rounded balls onto a cookie sheet.
- Bake 8-10 minutes until a tooth pick comes out clean.
- Allow to cool completely before adding a large dollop of icing and squishing with a second cookie on top. (Too hot and the icing will melt and your tops will slide!) I stuff the icing into a ziplock back and then cut off one corner.
**Makes about 12-19 sandwich cookies depending on the size of your cookies.
**What's great about this recipe is you can substitute any flavor cake mix or icing. Add a few drops of your favorite extract flavorings to plain mixes.
|I had to eat the one that melted a bit! Just to taste!|
|I went to the local tree lot to get my tree.|