Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Strawberry lemonade sandwich cookies!

I thought I would share a new favorite very yummy holiday treat!  I made these last weekend for a bake sale and I don't have many pictures.  BTW these are so easy even your husband could make them.



Strawberry Lemonade sandwich cookies

Ingredients:

1 strawberry cake mix (I used the the Supreme version)
1 stick of butter, melted
2 eggs
1 can lemon icing (again I used the Supreme version)

Directions:

  1. Preheat oven to 350F 
  2. Dump the cake mix in the bowl.
  3. Crack in two eggs.
  4. Add the melted butter(make sure its not too hot or you will cook the eggs!)
  5. Mix into a soft firm dough
  6. Drop even sized rounded balls onto a cookie sheet.
  7.  Bake 8-10 minutes until a tooth pick comes out clean.
  8. Allow to cool completely before adding a large dollop of icing and squishing with a second cookie on top. (Too hot and the icing will melt and your tops will slide!)  I stuff the icing into a ziplock back and then cut off one corner.


**Makes about 12-19 sandwich cookies depending on the size of your cookies.

**What's great about this recipe is you can substitute any flavor cake mix or icing.  Add a few drops of your favorite extract flavorings to plain mixes.

Mmmm yummy!

I had to eat the one that melted a bit!  Just to taste!


keep dreaming...Colleen
I went to the local tree lot to get my tree.


2 comments:

Lexilooo said...

these sound so good - I may make them this weekend for my cookie swap!

Lexilooo said...

I made them for yesterday's cookie swap and they were a big hit! Thanks for the idea!